Thursday, February 20, 2014

My addiction

I grew up on the St. Lawrence River, and since birth, water has been part of my life.   This means that everything from boating, to cliff jumping, to seaweed wars, are all in my blood.  Simply put I love water.

As some of you might know Utah is really not known for it's abundance of water. Yes we have an enormous body of water that nearly no life can survive in, but that's not really my thing.  But Utah does have beautiful, cold water, mountain streams and rivers (and a bunch of drying up resevoirs).   These flowing ribbons of life are where I have spent the majority of my free time while here in Utah... Fly fishing. 

This too is in my genetic make up.  Dad fly fished, his dad fly fished, and to honest those are the only two I know but that's good enough right?

This sport that I have become so fond of does not just offer the chance to land a monster fish, it presents a ever adapting challenge.  A Rubik's cube of variables that can change hourly.  Problem solving has always been a passion of mine and this sport takes it to a whole new level, of course with the chance of that legendary fish (pic or it didn't happen).  
So I am basing this trip around and epic fishing/exploring adventure. See and explore as many beautiful rivers as I can and fish the shit out of them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment